Mensagens populares

terça-feira, 13 de março de 2018

YOUTUBE - Meet the SDrone patch! Controlled with Lemur!

This time, I tried to do the video a bit different, and recorded it during daytime, with the interface sided for the camera (so you should be able to read what the different controls are there for).


I hope you like this way of doing videos and am indeed looking forward to some feedback from all of you to know which way you prefer me to record my performances!


This time, I used a drone patch, in the same vein of the performances I used to do at electro-music.com/radio/!


As you can notice, this is a pretty simple patch, featuring two layers of oscillators that modulate each other!

Rather than using a simple FM oscillator, this time I chose to use the more complex OscShpB, since it allows for audio rate modulation of the frequency, but also of the shape of the oscillator, which can lead to really nice complex sounds!

After mixing the two oscillators (with a crossfader mixer with modulation!), the signal is processed by a frequency shifter and then into a reverb!

The amplifier modules are configured as DUSGs, and further modulation of the oscillators and frequency shifter is performed by an LFO!

This is a pretty simple setup, but as you can see in the following video, you can achieve a lot with it!


As I mentioned before, I decided to record the video in a different way to what I did previously.

I think it looks a bit less artistic, but it should make it easier to understand what each controller of the interface does and make it a bit easier to follow what is happening!



Still, I felt it was a nice idea to include the different pages of the Lemur interface, so that the symbiosis between the Clavia Nord Modular G2 and Liine Lemur becomes clearer!

In this interface, I dedicated the first page to the two oscillators, adding touch pads for the the shape / shape modulation of each of them, which gives it a different feeling to using separate knobs for the task...



In the second page, I featured the two EGs (DUSGs) and LFO.

To make things really interesting, the DUSGs are controlled by touch pads, with the attack being controlled by the x-axis and the decay by the y-axis.

For the LFO, it is possible to control the rate, select the waveform (and it is possible to label the different options!) as well as sliders to control the amount of modulation given by the LFO!
The two sliders for the modulation of the oscillators being bipolar (zero modulation at the center), while the slider for the modulation of the frequency shifter is unipolar (zero modulation at the bottom).


In the final page, I included controls for the processing modules (frequency shifter and reverb), as well as for the mixer, making use again of the touchpad controllers!



As you have probably understood by now, it was impossible to get this amount of control from the Akai MIDIMix I recently sold...

But more important than that, using touch pads to control some of the parameters (especially the DUSGs), can lead to more interesting performances than you'd get by just tweaking knobs...

And as I mentioned, with the LFOs, you can get a much higher degree of feedback than what you would get from standard MIDI controllers, since you can get feedback on which waveform are you exactly choosing!


I hope you really enjoyed this performance and that it made clearer why I feel this combo is so powerful!

So, if you enjoyed this video, as I really hope you did, be sure to follow this blog and my Youtube channel as I am intending to come up with more videos like this one!



Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário