Mensagens populares

quinta-feira, 15 de março de 2018

CONCERT - Synth-ing Nº31!

This time, I decided to give some rest to Kyma...


And the result was the one you can listen to or re-listen to here!


For this performance, I decided to go back to the drone experiments I did in previous Synth-ing performances (namely Synth-ing Nº24Synth-ing Nº23 and Synth-ing Nº22).

But rather than making a very complex patch with extra parameters controlled by the Akai MIDIMix, I decided to make a simpler patch, named "ADroneF":



In this patch, I used two oscillators that modulate each other, together with a ring modulator.

To control the amplifier and modulate other parameters, I also used once again two smoothed LFOs, since there are no EGs available that can be used like DUSGs, like I did with the SDrone patch in the Clavia Nord Modular G2.

All the more relevant parameters in this patch can be controlled by the interface of the Clavia Nord Modular G1, but I also used the editor to do some small adjustments on some parameters.


To add something more, I decided to use my Korg Kaossilator 2 as well!

This was actually the first time I used it in a Synth-ing performance, and I feel it worked really well together with the drone coming out of the Clavia Nord Modular G1 (and it could even be ring modulated by it!).

Despite I could show off quite some of the sounds available in this single performance, I think I definitely have to use it more times, as it can be a really interesting device to stimulate your creativity (and I didn't even touched the looper section of it...)!


So, I hope you enjoyed this performance as well and that you keep checking this blog for new posts regarding my previous performances, as there are still some pending and I'd really like to get them finished pretty soon! ;)

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário