Mensagens populares

quarta-feira, 11 de outubro de 2017

MEANWHILE - About some stuff, including Kyma patches...

I know, it is already middle of October and I haven't posted this month yet...

In fact my last post is about my last performance at electro-music.com, which I hope you enjoyed!



A bit before that performance, I came back to sunny Algarve!

While the weather is amazing and I could still go to the beach a couple of times, it has been quite busy overall, meaning I ended up publishing almost no posts since I got here...

However, I am hoping things will be a bit calmer now, so that I can finish some of the posts I have started but ended up never finishing, namely posts related with my previous performances.


Those posts are also one of the reasons why I am doing this post, as unfortunately, I won't be able to give many details regarding my Kyma patches...

When I was writing the posts, I didn't do a "printscreen" of the patches I used and now it is impossible for me to open the patches since I didn't bring my Symbolic Sounds Kyma Capybara 320 with me...


This time, I decided to leave my Symbolic Sounds Kyma Capybara 320 back in the studio and bring instead the more compact Clavia Nord Modular G2 Engine!

As much as I like my Symbolic Sounds Kyma Capybara 320, it is a great machine to have in the studio but not so much if you want to carry it around...
And if the hardware is not connected, you can't even prepare a new patch for your next studio session...

The Clavia Nord Modular G2 Engine, on the other hand, can be easily taken around, as it is a much more compact and light device.
And it also features an headphones output, that allows you to use it on your own and listening to what you are doing with it without needing any other device (the Symbolic Sounds Kyma Capybara 320 unfortunately doesn't feature an headphones output, which can be pretty annoying at times...).

Since both are really versatile machines, that can handle effects that require long delays (which is something the Clavia Nord Modular G1 can't do), I think this ended up being the right choice, despite I definitely would have loved to being able to create new patches with my Kyma.


Along with the Clavia Nord Modular G2 Engine, I also brought my Yamaha VSS-30, which ended up being the only sound source used in my latest September's Equinox performance!

This is an amazing little sampling keyboard that I am really enjoying and that I intend to talk a bit more about ;)


Those two devices, together with a set of Korg Kaossilator 2 and Mini KaossPad 2, came to complement my Akai APC25 Keys and MIDIMix, Clavia Nord Modular G1, Eigenharps Pico, Korg PadKontrol (which is actually for sale, just in case...), as well as an iPad with several apps installed and a Nintendo 2DS with Korg DS10!

This might be a small setup, but you can definitely do a lot with it, that is, if you have some time...


But as I was saying before, I hope to have some more time available these next days and finally finish some of the posts I have pending, despite as mentioned before, I won't be giving much information regarding my Kyma patches, since I have no way to access them now...
Still, I hope to give an overview to some of my first Kyma patches at a later time, when I am able to use those patches again.

With that done, I hope to finally start using my gear again and start creating new posts showing how amazing some of these machines really are!

So be sure to continue checking my blog! ;)

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário