Mensagens populares

sexta-feira, 13 de outubro de 2017

CONCERT - Synth-ing Nº27!

And now for something different... A total mic performance!

Yep, that's right, and you can listen to it all here!


With a nice sound for the Symbolic Sounds Kyma Capybara 320 (or preset, if you are not used to Kyma), consisting of some granular processing, I decided to try and sing a bit as well as capture some percussive sounds with the mic!


Personally, I think it was possible to create amazing sounds this way!

I have close to zero experience with vocals (have tried something before with a pitch-shifter patch from the Clavia Nord Modular G2, in an old performance I did at electro-music.com, some years ago), but it was still very easy to obtain pretty impressive sounds!

I know not everything was perfect, as sometimes I felt I couldn't control the grains as I wanted, while other times there was some clipping that ended up in the signal being cut out completely...

But this is part of the learning process and it was nice to see some actual progress being done with Kyma!


Unfortunately I can't share more info on the sound I used, as I don't have my Symbolic Sounds Kyma Capybara 320 with me...

But considering how much fun this performance was, I'm definitely looking forward to do something similar later on, probably expanding the sound I used in this performance, or even trying something completely new!

And as I am writing this post, I am starting to think it would be a nice idea to now try to do something similar with my Clavia Nord Modular G2 Engine...
Maybe on one of my next performances I'll go for it! :)


But in the meanwhile, I hope you enjoy this more vocal performance (which you can find here), and be sure to keep checking my blog as new posts about my other performances will soon come out! ;)

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário