Mensagens populares

domingo, 11 de junho de 2017

CONCERT - Synth-ing Nº22!

This was a very interesting performance were pure experimentalism was king!

And you can listen to the full performance here!



For this performance, I decided to use my Clavia Nord Modular G1 again as the sound source, this time playing a single drone patch, named "Nood22":



As you would expect, this is a self playing patch, with the volumes of the different oscillators being shaped by smoothed LFOs.

All other modulations (FM, WaveWrapper and Pan) are handled by a mix of the different oscillators, which allows for really complex tones to be produced!


Since the Clavia Nord Modular G1 isn't knob rich, I decided to add my Akai MIDIMix to provide me extra control for this patch and make it easier to do a fluid performance with it.

And to add a nice final touch, the Korg KaossPad Quad provided some effects, especially reverb and grain shifter.


If you recall Synth-ing Nº6, this is a performance in the same vein, but with the Clavia Nord Modular G1, you don't have such a versatile AD module that you can easily turn into a DUSG.

My solution to create something similar was to use a smooth module that is applied independently to each of the LFOs.
This is not the ideal solution, and I would much rather use a DUSG, like I did on Synth-ing Nº6, but it still allows for interesting performances!

Despite this lack of DUSGs, these patches are actually quite similar, both relying on FM to produce complex sounds.
The main differences (including the use of only 3 oscillators rather than 4, and no effects, which are provided externally by the Korg KaossPad Quad), are mostly due to the different possibilities these two machines (Clavia Nord Modular G1 and Clavia Nord Modular G2) have to offer.


I hope you enjoyed this performance, as I surely did enjoy it and used this alternative to the DUSG modules in subsequent drone patches I used in other performances that relied on my Clavia Nord Modular G1 as the sound source!

Like always, the patches I made for the Clavia Nord Modular G1 are available in the same link as the performance, which means here!

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário