Mensagens populares

quarta-feira, 31 de maio de 2017

CONCERT - Synth-ing Nº18!

Unfortunately, this performance is the perfect example why you should listen to my performances live...

Due to some random problem (I am still not sure exactly what happened...), Garage Band stopped recording the performance around half the performance...

So, unlike what happened for all previous performances, I am not able to share the complete performance, but only the first 32:48 minutes of it...

But that's still better than nothing, and if you want to listen / re-listen to this "shorter" performance, be sure to do so here!



For this performance, I used a more diverse and vast setup, making use of the extra space I have available in the studio room (rather than playing in the bed...).

For this set, I used my Roland SH-101 together with the Electrix Repeater, to create those nice polyphonic synth textures made up with long delays, which are then combined with a hollow pad coming from the Fender Chroma Polaris II!

With the Clavia Nord Modular G2X, I played a nice lead synth patch, named "2OnLine":


As you can see, this is a pretty simple patch, featuring some processing of each of the oscillators before the filtering stage, and lots of intermodulation between them.
To make it more versatile, it features several switches that make it easier to chose the right modulation source for each of the parameters (so that you can, for instance, have the LFO raising the pitch of oscillator 1, while it lowers the pitch of oscillator 2).
But the more interesting part of this patch might be the delay line applied at the end, which can add some nice metallic tones to this patch, or add longer delays to make a sequence much more interesting!


And to mix all the different sounds, including a Fender Rhodes 73 MkII, I used the "Synth18Mix" patch:


To add some ambience to the whole set, this patch features some reverb plus an 8-tap stereo delay with feedback (with each of the taps being mixed on the feedback path).
And to make things more interesting, there is a feedback line featuring a digitizer, together with a low pass filter to add some interesting textures.


If you want to try these Clavia Nord Modular G2X patches I shared here with you, you can download them here, the same place where this performance was shared!


And I think this covers this performance...
It was a shame this record ended up before my performance was finished, but it is still a very interesting performance, despite incomplete, that I hope you can enjoy!



Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário