Mensagens populares

quinta-feira, 27 de abril de 2017

Do you need a MIDI patchbay for your Mac? This will do the trick ;)

And best of all, it is free!


So, today, I was trying to use my Symbolic Sounds Kyma Capybara 320 as an effects processor, to get a better impression on the algorithms for effects it came with (which are pretty amazing, by the way).

Since I am not fortunate to have a CM Labs Motormix and I couldn't bring much gear with me, I decided to bring my Akai MIDIMix to control my Symbolic Sounds Kyma Capybara 320!
It isn't as good of a solution as my Clavia Nord Modular G2X would have been, but that would take too much space I just didn't have...

Unfortunately, the Audio MIDI settings in my computer (with Mac OS 10.9), don't seem to work that well and I couldn't use my MIDI interface (an Edirol UM-2EX) to send MIDI controls to the Symbolic Sounds Kyma Capybara 320...

The way I solve the problem was using this amazing software from Not a Hat, MIDI Patchbay!

Thanks to this software, it was really easy to send CCs from my Akai MIDIMix to control the effects in my Symbolic Sounds Kyma Capybara 320, using the Edirol UM-2EX to send those signals.

And despite I still don't think it is as nice as the Clavia Nord Modular G2X would be, I think it's a pretty nice controller for this task and totally a joy to use!

As a plus, I can also use the Akai MIDIMix with Ableton Live as well!
It ends up having a more immediate interface than Ableton Push (despite that is in a different league overall...), and together with my Akai APC Keys 25, gives me a really nice setup of controllers for Ableton Live (despite, again, not as good as Ableton Push, but more portable)!

It's good to have my control system for the Symbolic Sounds Kyma Capybara 320 properly set, so now it is time to learn a bit more! ;)

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário