Mensagens populares

terça-feira, 7 de março de 2017

CONCERT - Synth-ing Nº7!

So, last thursday it was time for Synth-ing Nº7!

This was a bit of a different performance to what I have done so far, with more actual playing with synths rather than relying on looper or sequencers to construct the performance.

And in case you want to listen or re-listen to this performance, here is the link:

http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-68360.html


In this performance, I use a simple setup made up by my Clavia Nord Modular G2X, Roland TR-909 and Korg Trident Mk1.

3 truly amazing machines working together!

In this setup, the Roland TR-909 provided all the drum sounds as well as MIDI clock to the Clavia Nord Modular G2, which plays two sequences, using the internal sequencer modules!

To make things more interesting, there is also a piano-like patch that I play during the performance, together with the more symphonic patch that I play on the Korg Trident MkI (which in my opinion really sounds massive!).

And like always, to mix things up and add some extra vibe to the sound, everything is mixed on the Clavia Nord Modular G2!

Korg Trident, an amazing monstrous analog polysynth with 3 different sections and massive sound!

This time, I made only 3 different patches for the Clavia Nord Modular G2X, as I ended up reusing the sequencing patch twice, so that it was possible to get two sequences going on!


As I was saying before, one of the patches I did was a piano-like patch, named "PianP":

It doesn't really sound like a piano, but "PianP" can produce some very nice piano-like sounds with an electronic touch!

It features two of the amazing OscShpA module, plus a simple oscillator that serves as a modulator and a ring modulator for the second layer.
And to enhance the sound a bit, I also added a Stereo Chorus in the FX section of the patch.


The second patch I created was used in two of the slots for this performance and provided the melodic sequences heard in my performance:

"Sequy", a sequencer controlling a nice synth with some nice effects going on!
Despite in previous occasions I have used the Sequentix P3 to sequence the Clavia Nord Modular G2, the Clavia Nord Modular G2 has pretty nice sequencer modules that you can use to control the patches you make or to control other gear (before I got the Sequentix P3, I used the Clavia Nord Modular G2X as a sequencer for other gear quite some times).

In a single slot, you can easily fit a sequencer (or several of them) plus a nice synth and even some effects!

In this case, the delay was synced to the clock sent by the Roland TR-909, which allows for very nice grooves to be created ;)


To mix everything, I created the following patch, named "MixO7", which features two nice effect chains aimed at giving some ambience to the whole performance:

Mixing with a nice ambient touch, thanks to "MixO7" ;)

Again, the delay modules are synced to the clock coming from the Roland TR-909.

With a delay chain with multi tap delays and a reverb chain, you can really get a nice ambience that I felt really enhanced the performance and made it sound even more "symphonic"!

Roland TR-909 + Clavia Nord Modular G2X = a great groove box combo!

To achieve the symphonic sound, I used all the different parts of the Korg Trident simultaneously (which is a fairly easy machine to program).

The effects used in the Clavia Nord Modular G2X "MixO7" patch were important as well, but no other external effect was used!


I think this sums up what I did for this performance!

If you enjoyed the sound I got and want to download these patches, you can download them in the link I gave you above, in which I can listen to my performance!


If you enjoyed this performance, stay tuned for a new performance tonight, again at 22 GMT!

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário